Sledge Clarion Red Fototec Red mirror
Review: Sledge Clarion Red Fototec Red mirrorBy Scott Mares | Published Jun 1, 2021
What we liked
- Clarion red Fototech lens.
- Great full protection and coverage
- Adjustable ear pieces
- Has its own case for protection
- Glare guard and reduces eye strain
- Grilamid TR-90 Frame is light and durable.
- Hydrophobic rubber
- Optically Decentered: Translation this eliminates distortions and magnification you might get with a curved lens
- Polycarbonate lens is very durable
- Lenses have UVA and UVB protection
- Lenses are vented
- Extra parts are available
- Lifetime warranty against defects from the manufacturer
We Didn't Like
Venting in lenses is very minimal. Nose pieces are non adjustable Sweat pools inside of lenses due to lip on bottom of the frame.
The Final Say
Let's face it, cycling is an expensive sport. I think that it's great that Tofosi has stepped up to offer high performance eyewear at a very reasonable price. This year they have introduced the Clarion Red Fototech lens. This is the main story as the lens comes on no less than 3 different frames. Bottom line, the lens is a good solid performer that won't disappoint you. Going from bright to dark over and over is a tough challenge on a lens. The Clarion lens is up to the challenge. Tofosi packs its frames with a ton of features. However, if you sweat a lot I would not recommend the Sledge frame. Don't get me wrong, it's great with lots of coverage and protection. But the sledge falls short in 2 areas. I don't think that it has enough ventilation and I found that when the sweat dripped into the lens it had nowhere to go… So we ended up with pools of sweat in our glasses. This is a problem if you sweat a lot. So i would definitely recommend the lens and the other 2 models (Sledge lite and Tsali)
Share this Review
Like this product? Hate it? Cast your vote and tell us why!
- Tifosi Optics
- Clarion Red Fototec
- Made of Grilamid TR-90, a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low density, and high resistance to chemical and UV damage. Hydrophilic rubber ear and nose pieces for a no-slip fit. Adjustable earpieces for a customizable, comfortable fit. Vented lenses improve air circulation, prevent fogging.
Large & Extra Large
The newly designed lens uses microscopic photochromic technology embedded in the lens to adapt to ever-changing light environments. In lowlight, the Fototec lens is mostly clear, allowing 64% of the surrounding light to reach your eyes. The lens transitions to a darker grey tint with a Clarion Red reflective mirror when fully activated by the bright light of a sunny day, transmitting only 14% of that light to your eyes.