Rudy Project Genetyk
Review: Rudy Project GenetykBy Scott Mares | Published Feb 28, 2010
The Genetyk frame fits my facial profile really well, almost offering a custom fit. I am impressed with the eye protection that they provide, deterring rocks, insects, racers, and anything else Mother Nature throws my way. The rubber temple pads and no-slip nose pads worked exceptionally well, keeping the glasses in place rain or shine. Another feature that I found exceptional with the Genetyk is the high performance optics. I am very fortunate in that I have really acute eye sight, which makes me very sensitive to optic performance discrepancies. I have found that the Genetyk is equipped with great optics with regard to glare and clarity. We received the Genetyk ImpactX Photochromic Red lens for evaluation, which I was very excited to have for the last race of the Cross Crusade series. Typical of Fall weather in Portland, OR, the day was overcast. Normally I would have selected a clear lens for such conditions, but the red gave great contrast in this grey environment. The ImpactX lenses use Rudy Project's 3FX Technology. The Polar 3FX technology ensures the complete and thorough elimination of glare, polarized light and harmful UV rays, which in turn decreases eye strain. When trying a pair of Genetyks, we recommend that you bring your normal cycling eyewear with you so that you can see the difference. The final bonus is that the Genetyk lenses are made from Rudy Project's ImpactX material, which are guaranteed for life to be unbreakable. Combine that with their Replacement Lens Guarantee, and you won't be crying the next time your daughter runs over your eyewear with her tricycle.
We Didn't Like
While the eyewear comes with a cool hard plastic case, it's challenging to fit an extra set of lenses in with the eyewear. Mr. Barbazza, can you make the case a little bigger please? We love your stuff and we want to protect it!
The Final Say
With the Rudy Project Genetyk, the bottom line is that it's a win-win. Get technically cool eyewear and see better with less eye strain. Your eyes will thank you.
Share this Review
(2 cowbells from 2 votes)
Like this product? Hate it? Cast your vote and tell us why!
- Rudy Project
- 1.1 oz / 33 grams
- Metal frames covered with hard plastic with soft, grippy rubber ear temples and nose pads. The lenses are made with unbreakable ImpactX photochromic materials.
- The Genetyk is available in 6 base colors: Frozen Crystal, Frozen Ash, Yellow Flow, Black Gloss, Matte Black, and Sailing White. The lenses have 9 different options, including polarized and ImpactX.
- Rudy Project has a Replacement Lens Guarantee where you can replaces your damaged lenses for $19.95, no questions asked.
- Easy to change the lenses out! No twisting or sliding necessary. Simply pop them out and snap the new lenses in.
- The Genetyk exudes Italian style, while the lightweight frame offers excellent eye protection.